Saturday, September 27, 2008
Makayla's Hospital Stay
Well, Thursday morning Makayla was refusing to eat or drink and had a high fever. I felt like she needed to go to the hospital. I called James and we took her to the ER. We found out she had pneumonia and she was admitted to the hospital Thursday night. She was doing great on Friday and feeling a ton better. She was also eating and drinking like a little piggy. Friday afternoon, a weird rash started to form on her leg. The rash blistered and spread quite a bit on her thigh. They still don't know what it is. But, they have ruled it down to two things. It is either a serious allergic reaction to aluminium in her vaccines she had about a week and a half ago, or MRSA. We are hoping it is just a allergic reaction and her body didn't fight it off very well, since she has pneumonia. We will post more when we find out what it is and when she gets to come home from the hospital. Thanks to everyone for their prayers and support. Enjoy the pics. This is Makayla when she fell asleep on daddy last week, and then he fell asleep too. Oh, and then James Micheal wanted to get his picture taken, so he acted like he was sleeping too. My silly little boy.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
James Michael cracks me up. Hope everything is getting better, your in our prayers. Cute layout!
Oh my goodness!!! I hope Makayla recovers quickly...poor thing. And that James M...too silly.
I just looked up info on MRSA because I hadn't heard of it. Probably by now you guys have heard the results. I hope everything is okay. We will be praying for Makayla!
I hope it is just a reaction from the shots. I hope she gets better soon.
I blog-stalked you from Camille's blog. I hope you don't mind.
Is your house really peaceful enough to take naps in. That would be so nice. Can I come over and crash?
For Gillespie fun visit us at:
www.fourboysonegirl.blogspot.com
and
www.melanielovesdinner.blogspot.com
Melanie
Post a Comment